Jean Monnet Module on European Union’s Engagement with Civil Society
Funding period: 2012-2015
Funding Body: EACEA
Funding reference: 529096-LLP-1-2012-1-IT-529096-AJM-MO
Teaching and research activities so far:
- Master level course on Transnational Activism, Global Governance, and the EU (2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015 Master International Public Affairs and Master in European Studies, School of Government, LUISS)
- Phd level course on EU and Civil Society (2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015 PhD in Political Theory/Political Science and Erasmus Mundus PhD on Globalization, Europe, and Multilateralism, Department of Political Science, LUISS)
- Workshop on Civil Society and Global Politics I (12 october 2012, LUISS-SoG)
- Seminar on Transnational Dimensions of Political Islam Networking by Prof. Manos Karagiannis (18 april 2013, LUISS-SoG)
- Workshop on Civil Society and Global Politics II (10 October 2013, LUISS-SoG)
- Invited lecture at Renmin University, Beijing, on Global Governance, EU, and Civil Society (25 October 2013)
- Invited lecture at University of Turin, on Global Governance, EU and Civil Society (7 november 2013)
- Debate on Management of International Institutions and NGOs: Frameworks, Practices and Challenges (9 april 2014, LUISS-SoG)
- Invited lecture at Lomonosov Moscow State University on Global Governance, EU, and Civil Society (25 april 2014)
- Course on Contemporary Issues in European Integration, Waseda University, Tokyo (21-26 august 2014)
- Invited lecture at Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, on The Politics of Globalization (23 august 2014)
- Invited lecture at University of Turin on EU’s Engagement with Civil Society (7 november 2014)
- International conference on the Risks and Opportunities in the Civil Society-Public Institutions Relationship, LUISS, (may 2015)
- 2013 Core on New Directions in the Study of Transnational Networks, The International Spectator, 48, 4 (with articles by Clifford Bob, Paolo Gerbaudo, Manos Karagiannis, and Raffaele Marchetti, first presented at the workshop on Civil Society and Global Politics, 2012, and the seminar on the Transnational Dimensions of Political Islam Networking, 2013, LUISS-SoG).
- 2014 Civil Society, Global Governance, and the Quest for Legitimacy, in M. Telò (ed.) Globalization, Europe, Multilateralism. Aldershot: Ashgate, 301-15.
- 2014 Il mondo in piazza: società civile e mobilitazione transnazionale, in Ispi (ed.) Nuovo Atlante Geopolitico 2014, Milano: Istituto dell’Enciclopedia Italiana Treccani, 47-58.
- 2014 Europeanization, Framing Competition and Civil Society in the EU and Turkey, in S.Aydin-Duzgit, D.Huber, M.Muftuler-Bac, E.Fuat Keyman, J.Tasci, and N.Tocci (eds) Global Turkey in Europe II. Energy, Migration, Civil Society and Citizenship Issues in Turkey-EU Relations, Roma: La Nuova Cultura, 145-96 (with Ayhan Kaya).
- 2014 全球治理中的市民社会(Civil Society in Global Governance), in 朱立群、富里奥·塞鲁蒂、卢静主编 (L.Zhu, F.Cerutti, and L.Jing) (eds.), 球治理：挑战与趋势(Global Governance: Challenges and Trends), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.
- 2014 The Conditions for Civil Society Participation in International Decision Making, in D. della Porta and M. Diani (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Social Movements, Oxford: Oxford University Press
- 2014 The European Union Approach to Peacebuilding via Civil Society, in J.Boulden and W.Kymlicka (eds.) International Approaches to Governing Ethnic Diversity,Oxford: Oxford University Press (with N.Tocci).
- 2014 La politica della globalizzazione, Milan: Mondadori.