Yosef Rinott, Professor. Department of Statistics and Center for the Study of Rationality, The Hebrew University, and Department of Economics and Finance, LUISS Rome.
Mathematical and applied statistics; probability inequalities; limit theorems, asymptotics in statistics, dependence; probabilistic aspects of game theory; statistical disclosure control; decision and sampling theory.
Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, 1974
Ms.C: The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1970 Department of Statistics
B.A.: The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel, 1968 Departments of Mathematics and Statistics
Past Academic position:
The University of California San Diego Professor, Department of Mathematics 1989 – 2000
Chair: Mr. and Mrs. Francis Hock professor of statistics 2006 – present,
The Hebrew University
- Rinott, Y., Scarsini, M., and Yu, Y. (2012). A Colonel Blotto Gladiator Game. Mathematics of Operations Research 37, 574-590.
- Azriel, D., Mandel, M., and Rinott Y. (2012). Optimal allocation to maximize power of two-sample tests for binary response. Biometrika 99, 101-113.
- Goldstein, L., Rinott, Y. and Scarsini, M. (2012). Stochastic comparisons of symmetric sampling designs. Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability 14, 407-420.
- Azriel, D., Mandel, M., and Rinott Y. (2011). The treatment versus experimentation dilemma in dose-finding studies . Center for Rationality Discussion paper 559. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 141, 2759–2768.
- Malinovsky, Y., and Rinott Y. (2011). Best invariant and minimax estimation of quantiles in finite populations. Center for Rationality Discussion paper 553. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 141, 2633–2644.
- Sattath S, Elyashiv E, Kolodny O, Rinott Y, Sella G (2011). Pervasive adaptive protein evolution apparent in diversity patterns around amino acid substitutions in Drosophila simulans. PLoS Genet 7: e1001302.
- Goldstein, L., Rinott, Y. and Scarsini, M. (2011). Stochastic comparisons of stratified sampling techniques for some Monte Carlo estimators. Bernoulli 17, 592-608.
- Eyal Elyashiv, Kevin Bullaughey, Shmuel Sattath, Yosef Rinott, Molly Przeworski and Guy Sella (2010). Shifts in the intensity of purifying selection: An analysis of genome-wide polymorphism data from two closely related yeast species. Genome Research 20, 1558 – 1573.
- Bartroff, J., Goldstein, L., Rinott, Y., and Samuel-Cahn, E. (2010). On optimal allocation of a continuous resource using an iterative approach and total positivity. Advances in Applied Probability 42, 795-815.
- Malinovsky, Y., and Rinott Y. (2010). Prediction of ordered random effects in a simple small area model. Statistica Sinica 20, 697-714.
- Di Serio, C., Rinott Y., and Scarsini, M. (2009). Simpson’s paradox in survival models. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics 36, 463-480.
- Rinott, Y. (2008). Some decision-theoretic aspects in finite population sampling. To appear in New Handbook of Statistics: Sample Surveys: Theory, Methods and Inference, eds. D. Pfeffermann and C.R.Rao.
- Hart, S. , Rinott, Y., and Weiss, B. (2008). Evolutionarily Stable Strategies of Random Games, and the Vertices of Random Polygons. Annals of Applied Probability 18 259-287.