Noemi Pace is currently Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, University Ca’ Foscari of Venice and fellow at the Centre for Economic and International Studies at University of Rome, Tor Vergata.
Her fields of concentration are applied microeconomics, health economics and experimental economics. In particular, She is trying to answer to both questions related to economic behaviour under risk and ambiguity and questions related to health economics and more precisely on how different health care systems affect health care demand, supply and health outcomes.
She was previously Research Fellow at the Centre for International Health and Development at University College London where she was involved in research projects on the equity of health care expenditure in developing settings, and on the role of networks in development programs’ and on their economic impact.
She holds a B.A. in Economics, a Master Degree in Development Economics and a PhD in Economic Theory and Institutions from the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
Publications in refereed journals:
“Make-Up and Suspicion in bargaining with cheap talk. An experiment controlling for gender and gender constellation” (with D. Di Cagno, A. Galliera, W. Guth, L. Panaccione), Theory and Decision (2015), forthcoming.
– “The health care system reform in China: Effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving” (with V. Atella and A. Brugiavini), China Economic Review (2015).
– “The Explanatory and Predictive Power of Non Two-Stage-Probability Theories of Decision Making Under Ambiguity” (with J. Hey), Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 49, pp 1-29 (2014).
– “Changes in Individual and/or aggregate?” (with J. Hey), Applied Economic Letters, vol. 22, pp 180-183 (2014).
– “Disentangling risk aversion from ambiguity aversion in unknown and in compound lotteries: a smooth ambiguity model experimental approach” (with G. Attanasi, C. Gollier and A. Montesano), Theory and Decision, vol 77, pp 485-530 (2014).
– “Health status and portfolio choice: is their relationship economically relevant?” (with S. Bressan and L. Pelizzon), International Review of Financial Analysis, vol.32, pp. 109-122 (2014).
– “Human resource management and productivity in the Trust Game Corporation” (with L. Becchetti and G. Gianfreda), International Review of Economics, vol. 59, pp. 3-20 (2012).
– “Health Status and Portfolio Choice: Does feeling better affect your attitude towards risk?” (with L. Pelizzon and S. Bressan), in Geneva Association Information Newsletter: Health and Ageing, Geneva, The Geneva Association , vol. 26, pp. 9-13 (2012).
– “Maternal and Neonatal Health Expenditure in Mumbai Slums, India: A Cross Sectional Study” (with J. Skordis-Worrall, U. Bapat, S. Das, N. Shah More, W. Joshi, A. Pulkki-Brannstrom, D. Osrin), BMC Public Health, vol. 11:150, pp. 1-12 (2011).
– “Food commodity derivatives: a new cause of malnutrition?” (with A. Seal and A. Costello), Lancet, vol. 371, pp.1648-1650 (2008).
– “Futures and food prices — Authors’ reply” (with A. Seal and A. Costello), Lancet, vol. 372, pp.628-629 (2008).
– “Are Employers discriminating with respect to weight? European Evidence using Quantile Regression” (with V. Atella and D. Vuri), Economics and Human Biology, vol. 6, issue 3, pp.305-329 (2008).
– “Understanding how women’s groups improve maternal and newborn health in Makwanpur, Nepal: a qualitative study” (with J. Morrison, R. Thapa, S. Hartley, D. Osrin, M. Manandhar, K. Tumbahangphe, R. Neupane, B. Budhathoki, A. Sen, D.S. Manandhar, A. Costello), International Health, vol. 2, issue 1, pp.25-35 (2010).
Articles published in books
– “The Chinese health care system reforms and household saving patterns: some stylized facts” (with V. Atella, A. Brugiavini, and H. Chen). In “The Globalisation of Chinese Business: Implications for Multinational Investors”, Chandos Publishing, Oxford (2014).
– “Crisi economica e riduzione del reddito: effetti sullo stato di salute” (in Italian – with E. Croda). In Rizzi and Zantomio Analisi e strumenti di politica sociale, Edizione Ca’ Foscari Collana Politiche Sociali Studi e Ricerche (2013).
– “Riforme nel settore sanitario in Cina: rassegna degli effetti sulla domanda di cure sanitarie, spese out-of-pocket e risparmio familiare” (in Italian). In Rizzi and Zantomio Analisi e strumenti di politica sociale, Edizione Ca’ Foscari Collana Politiche Sociali Studi e Ricerche (2013).
– “Welfare and the Crisis: Pension System Reform in Serbia” in Experiences in overcoming the global economic crisis – the cases of Italy and Serbia (Z. Aranđelović and D. Martellato). Thematic Collection of Papers (2011).
– “Does Health Insurance Make you Fat?” (with J. Bhattacharya, K. Bundorf, and N. Sood), NBER book Economic Aspects of Obesity (M. Grossman and N. Mocan eds.). University of Chicago Press (2011).
– “Corporate Trust Game in Modern Knowledge Economies” (with L. Becchetti) in Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance: the contribution of economic theory and related disciplines (L. Sacconi, M. Blair, E.Freeman, A. Vercelli eds.) (2011). Palgrave Macmillan.
– “Istruzione, Tecnologie di Informazione e Sviluppo” (in Italian – with F. Ciuffi and A. De Socio) in Globalizzazione, istruzioni per l’uso: Comportamenti individuali, regole del gioco, istituzioni (L. Becchetti, L. Paganetto, C. Pietrobelli eds.), Meridiana Libri Saggi (2006).