Ricercatori Art. 24 C.3 Lett. A L. 240/10
I was born in 1975 in Italy. In 2000 I earned a laurea degree in business administration from Bocconi University, Milan. In 2010, I obtained a Master of Science in Managerial Science and Applied Economics from University of Pennsylvania and in 2013 I earned a PhD in Management from the Wharton School in Philadelphia.
My research interests are at the intersections between Business Strategy and Organization Theory. In my research, I focus on the theoretical conceptualization and empirical investigation of organizational adaptation, examining how organizations evolve and learn and under which conditions they successfully adapt to changing environments. Moreover, I dedicate consistent efforts in the understanding of the determinants of the competitive advantage and corporate strategy. From a methodological standpoint, I am convinced that the field of Strategy, in order to be fully understood, needs to be explored from a multidisciplinary perspective. As a result, I attempt to delve into related fields, such as neuroscience, psychology and biology, as far as methods and topics are concerned, to investigate the organizational phenomena by using different and complementary lenses.
I also have prior experiences as high tech entrepreneur, strategy consultant for leading consulting firms and as board member in various industrial companies. I have been board member of Cagliari Calcio SpA and non-executive VP of Fluorsid Group – a world leading mining and chemical group and I am currently President of Olbia Calcio.
- Marino, A., Aversa, P., Mesquita, L., & Anand, J. (2015), “Driving Performance via Exploration in Changing Environments. Evidence from Formula One Racing.” Organization Science 26(4): 1079-1100. *Winner 1st Prize SIIE-EBS Best-Paper-Award “Innovation Management” 2015..
- Levinthal D., Marino A. (2015), “Three Facets of Organizational Adaptation: Selection, Variety, and Plasticity”, Organization Science. 26(3):743–755.
- Levinthal D., Marino A. (2015), “Organizational Evolution and Dynamic Capabilities”, in Leih S. and Teece D.J. (forthcoming), “The Oxford Handbook of Dynamic Capabilities”. Oxford University Press.
- Aversa, P., Santoni S., Marino A. (2015), “Top Management Teams And Vertical Alliance Portfolio Variety.” Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol. 2015. No. 1. Academy of Management.
- Marino A. (2013), “Dynamicity and Performance in Adaptive Organizations”. ProQuest, Philadelphia, USA AAI3565148, ISBN: 978-1-303-14663-3.
- Marino, A., Aversa P., and Mesquita L. F. (2013), “Fast enough but not too fast: adaptive vs. pioneering strategies in turbulent environments.” Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol. 2013. No. 1. Academy of Management.
- Marino A., Perrini F. (2006) “The Basis for Launching a New Venture”
- Marino A., (2006) “The Role of Financing in Ensuring Growth: What Matters Most?”
- Marino A., (2006) “The innovative home care services for third age in Italy: the case of Teleserenità”,
in Perrini F., (2006), The New Social Entrepreneurship. What Awaits Social Entreprenurship Ventures, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, Cheltenham, UK.
- Marino, A., (2006), “Il processo di nascita e finanziamento delle social entrepreneurial ventures”, (“Social entrepreneurial ventures: start-up and financing”) in Perrini, F. (ed.), (2006), Social Entrepreneurship, Egea, Milan.
- Marino A., (2006) “Innovation and high tech new venture generation”, Egea, Milan.
- Marino A., Montemerlo D., Perrini F., (2006), Economia Aziendale e gestione d’impresa. Casi ed esercizi (“Management: Case Studies and Exercises”), Egea, Milan.
- Marino A., (2005), “La Finanza”, (“Business Financing”), in Benassi M., Economia e Gestione delle Imprese, (“Business Administration and Management”), Cedam, Padova.
- Marino A., (2005)“I vivai calcistici: modelli ad uso del management delle società sportive”, (“ Managing professional football management academies”), Economia & Management n°3/05, ETAS, Milan.
- Marino, A., (2005), Il finanziamento dell’innovazione, (“Innovation Financing”), Cedam, Padova.
- Marino A., F. Perrini, (2004), Gestione d’impresa. Casi ed esercizi, (“Management: Case Studies and Exercises”), Egea, Milan
- Aversa, P., Santoni, S., Mesquita, L., & Marino, A. Top Management Teams and Alliance Portfolio Variety. Accepted for peer-reviewed conferences: CASS 2015. SMS Chile 2015, AOM 2015, DRUID 2015, PVMI- CAMI 2015.
- Aversa P., Santoni, S, Marino A. Cattani G. Star Wars: conflict between star employees and star employees and star organizations. Working paper. Accepted for peer-reviewed conference: SMS 2014.
- Marino, A., Hsu D.H., Marengo, L., Organizational Routines Development and Venture Performance, (1 Citation in MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, October 2011 n. 57:1844-1860).
- Marino A., Santoni, S., Aversa, P. The Contingent Nature of the Relationship between Dynamic Experience and Firm Performance. Working paper