Francesco Ferrante (1961) is Full Professor of Economics. He holds a B.A and a Phd in Economics (York University, UK). Ferrante’s recent research interests include the effects of university inputs and university organization on students achievement and graduates employability; the impact of education and social programs on the labor market; labor market institutions and macroeconomic performance; education and subjective well being; the role education in entrepreneurship and growth. For several years, he has held the position of chair of B.A and Master programs in Economics. Since 2013 he holds the position of scientific director of Imprendilab, a University laboratory aiming to support graduates’ entrepreneurship.
1996 – Department of Economics, Duke University.
1999 – Department of Economics, University of California, Los Angeles.
2000 – Department of Economics, University of California, Los Angeles.
2007 – Department of Economics, University of York.
2008 – Blank Center for Entrepreneurship, Babson College.
2012 – University of Hanoi (Vietnam).
TEACHING: Microeconomics, macroeconomics, labour and personnel economics, entrepreneurship economics, economics of education, political economy of development, public economics.
REFEREE FOR: Applied economics, European Economic Review, Ecological Economics, Environment and Development, Economia dei Servizi, Economic Modeling, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Socio-Economics, Journal of Happiness Studies, International Journal of Manpower, Oxford Economic Papers, Small Business Economics, Regional Economics.
- 2001 – 2006: PROGRAM CHAIR, B.A. COURSE IN ECONOMICS, FACOLTÀ DI ECONOMIA, UNIVERSITÀ DI CASSINO.
- 2005 – 2007: DEPUTY RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CASSINO: TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND JOB PLACEMENT.
- 2005 – 2012: DIRECTOR OF THE MSC. COURSE IN ECONOMICS AND BANKING, FACOLTÀ DI ECONOMIA, UNIVERSITÀ DI CASSINO.
- 2006 – 2011: PROGRAM CHAIR, MSC. IN ECONOMICS, FACOLTÀ DI ECONOMIA, UNIVERSITÀ DI CASSINO.
- 2006 – 2008: CHAIR, ACADEMIC SPIN OFF COMMISSION, UNIVERSITY OF CASSINO.
- 2008 – 2011: ALMALAUREA SCIENTIFIC BOARD (APPOINTED BY THE ITALIAN MINISTER OF EDUCATION)
- 2011 -: ALMALAUREA SCIENTIFIC ADVISER.
- 2010 -: CEFOP SCIENTIFIC BOARD, LUISS UNIVERSITY.
- 2013 -: RESEARCH DIRECTOR, IMPRENDILAB, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS AND LAW, UNIVERSITY OF CASSINO AND SOUTHERN LAZIO.
- 2014 –: CO-FOUNDER AND VICE-PRESIDENT, MECHANIMATA LTD. ACADEMIC SPIN OFF.
- 2015-: DEPUTY RECTOR, JOB PLACEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER, UNIVERSITY OF CASSINO AND SOUTHERN LAZIO
- 2016- : CHAIR, ACADEMIC SPIN OFF COMMISSION, UNIVERSITY OF CASSINO AND SOUTHERN LAZIO
- 2016 -: EXECUTIVE BOARD, ROMA STARTUP
- 2016-: MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND STRATEGIC BOARD, ALMALAUREA CONSORTIUM.
FRANCESCO FERRANTE HAS RELEASED INTERVIEWS ON ISSUES REGARDING THE LABOUR MARKET AND HIGHER EDUCATION TO:
- NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS (LA REPUBBLICA, IL CORRIERE DELLA SERA, IL SOLE 24ORE, IL GIORNALE)
- NATIONAL TELEVISION NETWORKS (RAI 1 AND RAI 3)
- NATIONAL RADIO BROADCASTING (GR1, GR2 AND GR3, RADIO24)
- CHINESE NATIONAL TELEVISION (CCTV)
- SWISS BROADCASTING CORPORATION
Ferrante F. (2017), La qualità dell’istruzione in Italia: un’eredità del passato?, Scuola Democratica, 2/2017, 343-366.
Federici D., Parisi V. and Ferrante (2017), Firms’ Exports and Corporate Taxes: Panel Data Evidence from Italy, WP.
D’Orlando F. and Ferrante F. (2017), Macroeconomic priorities revisited. The behavioral foundations of stabilization policies, Cambridge Journal of Economics, forthcoming.
Ferrante F. (2017), The Valorization of Cultural Heritage. Technology Transfer Through Entrepreneurial Discovery. In: Ceccarelli M., Cigola M., Recinto G. (eds) New Activities For Cultural Heritage, Springer, Cham.
Ferrante F., Federici D. and Parisi V. (2017), University students and entrepreneurship. Some insights froma population-based survey, MPRA WP 76980.
Ferrante F. (2017), Great expectations. The unintended consequences of educational choices, Social Indicators Research, 131 (2), 745-767.
Ferrante F. (2017), Assessing Quality in Higher Education: Some Caveats, Social Indicators Research, 131 (2) 727-743.
Fini R., Meoli A., Sobrero M., Ghiselli S. and Ferrante F. (2016), Students entrepreneurship: Demographics, Competences and Obstacles, Technical Report, AlmaLaurea, available at SSRN.
Ferrante F. e D’Orlando F., (2015), Modelli di regolazione sociale e precarietà esistenziale, in AA.VV, (a cura di) A. Oliverio, Rischi, paure e ricerca di certezze nella società contemporanea, Rubattino.
Ferrante F. and Lievens R., (2015), Using an online labour market intermediary for the recruitment of graduates: The recruiter’s perspective on AlmaLaurea, The International Journal for Recording Achievement, Planning and Portfolios, n. 1.
Ferrante F. Ghiselli S. (2015), Il futuro dei laureati figli della recessione, ITALIANI EUROPEI, vol. 5, 104-111.
Cammelli A., Ferrante F. e Ghiselli F. (2015), I laureati e la recessione: siamo alla fine del tunnel? Statistica e Società, IV(2), 4-11.
Ferrante F. and Lievens R. (2015) Using an online labour market intermediary for the recruitment of graduates: The recruiter’s perspective on AlmaLaurea, The International Journal for Recording Achievement, Planning and Portfolios, n. 1.
Daniela F. e Ferrante F. (2014), Capitale umano imprenditoriale e ristrutturazione industriale (con D. Federici), Economia dei servizi, n. 3, 233-257.
De Bruin Anne, Ferrante F. (2011), Bounded Opportunity: A Knowledge-Based Approach to Opportunity Recognition and Development. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, vol. 11, p. 1-21
D’Orlando F., Ferrante F., Ruiu G. (2011), Culturally-based beliefs and labour market institutions, Journal of Socio-Economics, vol. 40, p. 150-162.
Cammelli A., Ferrante F, Ghiselli S. (2011), The Job Market for Teachers in Italy, European Journal of Education, vol. 46, p. 489-508.
Ferrante F. (2009), Education, aspirations and life satisfaction, Kyklos, vol. 62(4), p. 542-562,
Ferrante, F. D’Orlando F. (2009). The demand for job protection: some clues from behavioral economics, Journal of Socio-Economics, vol. 38, p. 104-114.
Ferrante F., Federici D, Vistocco D. (2008), On the sources of entrepreneurial talent in Italy: tacit vs. codified knowledge, The Icfai Journal of Knowledge Management, vol. 6, No. 6, p. 7-28.
Di Giacinto M. and Ferrante F. (2007), Idiosyncratic learning, creative consumption and well-being, Advances In Austrian Economics, vol. 10, p. 41-73
Ferrante F. (2005), Revealing Entrepreneurial Talent, Small Business Economics, vol. 2, September, p. 159-174.