Sergio Fabbrini (email@example.com ) is Director of the Luiss School of Government and Professor of Political Science and International Relations at LUISS Guido Carli, where he holds a Jean Monnet Chair in European Institutions and Politics. Since 1996, he is Recurrent Professor of Comparative Politics at the Department of Political Science and Institute of Governmental Studies, University of California at Berkeley. In 2004 he succeeded Giovanni Sartori as Editor of “Rivista Italiana di Scienza Politica” that he directed until 2009. He received several academic prizes and lectured and taught in many countries of Europe, North and South America and Asia. By the end of 2016, he published fifteen books, two co-authored books and nineteen edited or co-edited books or journal special issues, and hundreds of articles and essays in seven languages. He is editorialist of the daily financial newspaper “Il Sole 24Ore”.
Recent selected publications:
- The constitutional conundrum of the European Union, Journal of European Public Policy, 2016, Vol. 23 no. 1;
- Still a Western World? Continuity and change in global order, (with R. Marchetti eds.), 2016, Abingdon Oxford, Routledge;
- Which European Union? Europe After the Euro Crisis, 2015 Cambridge, Cambridge University Press;
- New Institutional Dynamics in the European Union, The Political and Economic Dynamics of the Eurozone Crisis (James A. Caporaso and Martin Rhodes eds.), 2016, Oxford, Oxford University Press, Chapter 11
- La crisi dell’euro e le sue conseguenze, RTDP, 3_2016
- The euro crisis through two paradigms: interpreting the transformation of the European economic governance, European Politics and Society, 2016, Vol. 17;
- Representation Without Taxation: A Union or an Association of States, in Alfredo De Feo and Brigid Laffan (eds.), EU Own Resources: Momentum for a Reform?, e-book published by European University Institute, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Fiesole (Forence), 2016, pp.19-28.
- Il presidente della Repubblica tra cambiamenti politici interni ed europei, Quaderni di scienza politica, anno XXIII, n. 2, agosto 2016
- From consensus to domination: the intergovernmental union in a crisis situation, Journal of European Integration, 2016, Vol. 38, No. 5;
- Integration without supranationalisation: studying the lead roles of the European Council and the Council in post-Lisbon EU politics (with U. Puetter), Journal of European Integration, 2016, Vol. 38, No. 5;
- The European Union and the Puzzle of Parliamentary Government, Journal of European Integration, 2015, Vol. 37, No. 5;
- Emerging from the Euro Crisis: The Institutional Dilemmas of a Political Union, Beyond the Crisis (M. Dawson, H. Enderlein, C. Joerges) 2015, Oxford, Oxford University Press, Chapter 7;
- Beyond Intergovernmentalism: The Puzzle of European Economic Governance, The Eurozone Crisis and the Transformation of EU Governance, (M. J. Rodrigues, E. Xiarchogiannopoulou), 2015, Abingdon Oxford, Routledge, Chapter 4;
- Alternative Views of the European Union: Which Institutional Architecture for a Political Union?, The European Union. Democratic Principles and Institutional Architectures in Times of Crisis, (S. Piattoni ed.) 2015, Oxford, Oxford University Press, Chapter 9.
A cv with a chronological list of publications is available here (Fabbrini All LUISS.DSP.Chronological Updated.doc)
A cv with a scientific fields-based list of publications is available here (Fabbrini ALL LUISS.SoG.Fields Updated doc)
For administrative information, contact Dr. Gaia di Martino (firstname.lastname@example.org)