Nicola de Luca is member of the Second University of Naples Law Department faculty and also lectures at Luiss University Law Department. In Naples, he is in charge of Diritto commerciale (Business Law) and Diritto delle assicurazioni (Insurance Law); in Rome, he is in charge of European Business Law (co-taught with Ugo Patroni Griffi) and formerly of Diritto pubblico dell’economia.
After graduating in law from Luiss University in 1998, magna cum laude (J.D., major in business and company law), he earned a Ph.D./J.S.D. in business and company law from the University of Catania Faculty of Law, with honors, in 2004.
The PhD/JSD final dissertation resulted with his being awarded the 1st Campobasso Prize for the best Doctorial Dissertation in Business and Banking Law (2005).
Nicola has carried on research activity at Yale Law School (U.S.A.), at the University of Heidelberg (Germany), at MGU-Moscow (Russia), at the University of Salamanca (Spain), and various other Universities. He has been visiting professor at the University of Bielefeld (Germany) and at the University of Warsaw (Poland). In 2010, he was admitted as Abraham Lincoln candidate to the LLM in Corporation Law at New York University law school.
Nicola’s research and teaching interests include business and company law, bankruptcy, corporate governance, shareholders’ rights, and insurance law. Due to the ability in speaking various foreign languages, the interest in comparative law prevails over other features of the profile.
Nicola’s publications include:
- European Company Law. Text, Cases & Materials, Cambridge University Press, forthcoming;
- (with Alberto Stagno d’Alcontres) Le società, II, Le società di capitali, Giappichelli, forthcoming;
- Foundations of European Company Law, Luiss University Press, 2016;
- (with Alberto Stagno d’Alcontres) Le società, I, Le società in generale. Le società di persone, Giappichelli, 2015;
- La società azionista e il mercato dei propri titoli, Giappichelli, 2012;
- Circolazione delle azioni e legittimazione dei soci, Giappichelli, 2007;
- Delle mutue assicuratrici, in Commentario Scialoja-Branca, Zanichelli, 2006;
- Le assicurazioni mutue in Italia, Giuffrè, 2001.
He is also author of more than 60 among Articles, Essays and Notes. A full list of publications is available at: http://www.ddavvocatiassociati.com.